Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Call to Prayer from Anne Graham Lotz

I am reprinting this from my friend Aletha Hinthorn for the National Day of Prayer. Please consider joining in prayer and fasting for our nation. 


A Call from Anne Graham Lotz
On this National Day of Prayer, I am sharing a part of a letter Anne Graham Lotz posted online calling us to fast and pray for our nation. She wrote:

This past Spring, Joel Rosenberg and I taught through the book of Joel as we led a prophecy seminar at The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove. It was my privilege to give the first two messages that covered Joel 1:1 through Joel 2:17. The impact on me was profound. Both times, when I stepped off of the platform, I knew God had spoken. The messages almost made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Why? Because God was clearly warning that His judgment is coming on America and on our world, and it's going to be ugly. I knew it then, and I know it now...

MAYDAY! MAYDAY! is an international distress call that signals a life-threatening emergency. And it's the call to cry out that I am issuing May 15-May 23. These are the nine days between the Day of the Ascension of Jesus and the Day of Pentecost that have Biblically and traditionally been days of prayer and fasting for an outpouring of God's Spirit.

The purpose of MAY!DAY! MAYDAY! is ...
* To claim God our Father's promise of an outpouring of His Spirit in these days following three blood moons and a total solar eclipse: ...I will pour out my Spirit in those days ...The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. Joel 2:29, 31

* To implore God the Holy Spirit to compel the church to repent of sin and our nation to return to faith in the living God, that times of refreshing may come... Acts 3:19

* To entreat God our Savior for an abundant harvest of souls for His Kingdom in the remaining days. Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? ¹ I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. John 4:35

* To delay or soften God's judgment that is coming on America and on our world. Who knows? He may turn and have pity and leave behind a blessing. Joel 2:13-14

For those who sign up, I will provide a prayer I have written personally for each of the 9 days, as well as a brief video message, so that we pray with one accord. Before it's too late and judgment falls on our nation.

Sincerely,
Anne Graham Lotz

"For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now...Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress." Matthew 24:21 / Psalm 107:19


You can sign up to receive her daily emails for the week of prayer at this link. http://www.annegrahamlotz.org/events/mayday/

2 comments:

  1. Don't think I can fast for nine days while working at Fedex; I would probably pass out. However, I was planning on a 10-day water fast the last 10 days of May; will that help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would certainly help! You might consider a limited fast of sweets, or a specific food, maybe even an activity (TV, facebook,etc) Isaiah 58 says the fast God desires is a sin fast. I've found that to be the hardest one of all. Here's a couple of links that might help:http://leannahollis.blogspot.com/2014/02/time-for-fasting.html
    andhttp://leannahollis.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-fast-god-desires.html
    Thanks for participating! God bless your sacrfice!

    ReplyDelete