Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Haiku

I went to town this afternoon with my son Ryan, who was just getting around to Christmas shopping. In the first store, I saw this book:



It reminded me that I hadn't written a haiku in a while. Could I write a Christmas haiku? That was the big question. Seventeen syllables isn't very much to express my heart about the Advent season, but I decided to give it a whirl. 
--------

Babe in a manger

We forget you are a King. 

Newborn yet Timeless.


-------

Selah. Pause and consider. 


--------

We often want a "fast food" answer to our prayers when what we need is the "crock pot" solution that allows God to do His work completely, in us and our solution. If you are weary in waiting for the answer to your prayer, here's something that can help. The Waiting: When the Answer to Your Prayer is Delayed and Your Hope is Gone, is available at http://www.leannahollis.com/online-store/ Get your copy today.  



No comments:

Post a Comment