Friday, March 7, 2014

Maggie's Turn: The Sniff Test


I have had a break through with the THING, and Mama said I could tell you about it. Since it's a guest blog, I get to write what I want, but my mama said to tell you up front that she doesn't think my choice of topic is very lady like. I told her that I am just a dog, even if I am a Wonder Dog, so it's okay. It's a very good topic for a Wonder dog. So there!

You may have read already that my mama surprised me with something that was NOT jerky! I was not happy at all. It was a brown furry thing that looked like a Guinea pig, squeaked a lot, and poohed in the floor. I did not like this THING one bit! I have had to have some lessons from Jesus about it. My mama said I had a bad attitude and Jesus doesn't like bad attitudes. It turns out my mama was right. You should listen to my mama. She's pretty smart about Jesus stuff!

Anyway, my mama kept telling me this was my new 'dopted sister, but I could not believe a Guinea pig was my sister. No way!!  A few days ago, we were all walking to the barn. My friend Lou was walking with mama, and the THING, and me. I had told my friend Lou about the Guinea pig problem, and he said, "Woof! I'll check 'er out!"  He walked right up to the THING and sniffed her hiney. I could not believe it! I would not sniff a Guinea pig myself. Anyway, he looked up at me and said, "Whoa, Mags! (only Lou can call me that, so don't get any ideas). This ain't no Guinea pig.  It's one of them lil ole dogs! I don't think it's very old either.  Come sniff fer yerself!" Well, I was so surprised! I walked over to that supposed Guinea pig's coming-out end and took a big sniff. Lou was right!! It IS a little dog! My mama was right all the time, too! Can you believe it? 

Anyway, this little bitty baby dog is called a puppy and her name is Mamie. She bounces a lot, but she's not great at walking while she bounces. She kinda tumbles around a lot, and she is very pesty. My mama said baby sisters are always pesty. That doesn't seem like such a great plan to me, but she says you learn to love them in the end. I hope that's true. Right now, I've been really busy herding Mamie and letting mama know when she tries to sneak out of the kitchen. She's kept me busy barking to warn my mama. I've got to do it, though, because I know my mama doesn't want her to pooh on the floor, cute or not! A Wonder Dog's work is never done. 

You know, all the time I was mad about the Guinea Pig sister, I never did sniff her coming-out end to find out for sure. I just made up my mind on sight. My mama says people do that, too, sometimes, but that it's not a very good idea. She says that, if you want to know about someone, don't look at the outside. She said God looks at the inside, but since we can't do that, we have to look at how people act and how they treat other people. 

I don't know about all that, but I think it's kinda like what dogs do. We check out the coming-out part and we can tell for sure! That's what Lou did, and that's how I ended up with a baby sister after all!

Here's the Wonder Dog Lesson of the Day:
Check the coming-out part. It'll tell you all you need to know. 

(My mama got upset because she thought I was telling her readers to sniff hineys, but I told her you are all very smart and will know better than that! You know Wonder Dogs like very short lessons. I mean check the action part that comes out of people's hearts. That will tell you all you need to know!)

You can tell a lot more from what people do than what they look like. I don't know if that's true for puppies (because she just bounces, eats, sleeps, and POOH's), but I can tell she's a dog, and that's a good start!

The end. By Maggie the Wonder Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment