Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Window Seat

This article first appeared in Physician, a FOTF magazine in the March/April 2004 issue
-------

As the plane lifted off, I looked out the window at the freeway below. I could see a huge traffic jam. Certainly, the drivers were under the impression that they'd be late getting to their destinations. From my vantage point, however, I could see that the road abruptly cleared just ahead of the jam. I could see the commuters' present situation; it wasn't nearly as bad as it must have seemed to them. 

That's how God sees. He looks down at us in the midst of our struggles and sees clearly all that lies ahead. 

He sees the beginning and the end. 

He is the Beginning and the End. 

The next time you find yourself in a tough spot, remember that the Alpha and Omega has both the present and future firmly in hand. Neither takes Him by surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment