Saturday, October 10, 2015

Going Home





This has been a great trip. My travel was (almost) easy, I made every connection (barely) and my luggage and I arrived safely. I've spent three days with people I dearly love. 

We've caught up on each other's lives, worshipped together, prayed together, and considered the weightier matters of life. We've enjoyed updates from the Focus on the Family ministry staff and been awed by how God has worked since we've been here last.

Every day has been a treat, but today is the day to which I've been looking forward since I left my house.

I'm going home.

This will be a long day of travel with a drive to Denver, flight to Minneapolis, long layover, then another flight to Memphis, followed by the drive to Blue Springs. 

It doesn't matter how long or how arduous the journey, because I'm going home.

My house is not the newest, the biggest, or the most elegant, but it's home and I can hardly wait to be there. I want to snuggle with my dogs, walk by the lake, sleep in my own bed, drink my own coffee. I want my routine.

As I was packing my suitcase this morning, I was reminded of the journey I will eventually take, the one that carries me to my "real" home. Before He left, Jesus promised His disciples that He was going ahead of them to His Father's house. He'd prepare a place for them, and one day He would come back for them. 

Jesus is preparing a place for me, too. One day, He's coming back for me, as well.

When that day comes, there will be no hesitation. I'm going and will be glad for the journey, because there is nothing better than going home. 

I don't know what I'll see first, but I'm hoping for the great white throne of God with Him on it and His Son by His side. The emerald rainbow. The thunder rolling and lightning flashing. The wild and worshipping lion-calf-eagle-man creatures flying about. The crystal sea and the tree of life. The multitudes singing Holy, Holy, Holy and worshipping at the feet of Jesus. 

When I get there, I'll be joining that multitude, worshipping and praising God. 

Nothing else will matter. 

Of course, I want to see my family and friends that have gone before. I want to meet Enoch, that great man who walked with God and was not, because God took him. I hope to find George Muller and William Tyndale and tell them thank you for the lives they lived and the examples they set. 

Most of all, though, I want to see Jesus, because He's the point. He's the reason I've walked this life I'm living, made the choices I'm making.

Jesus is the most important part of this life and the next. 

If you haven't realized that yet, now is a good time to consider your life - both this one and the next. One day, we will all see truth. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord. One day...

There's good news. We don't have to wait for "one day".  We can know Him now, serve Him now, and wait with expectation for that glorious day when we leave our troubles and sorrows and pain and suffering behind.

One day, we'll be going home, and when we do, there is nothing in this world that can hold us, nothing we can take along. 

It will be all about Jesus, because it already is. 

#heaven #goinghome #Jesus

In case you missed yesterday's post about attitudes, here's the link: http://leannahollis.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-costly-bad-attitude.html


No comments:

Post a Comment