Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Finding Christmas: The Rear Guard


Someone I didn't know well attended a meeting at my house recently and made the most surprising comment. "It's a shame you being alone in a big house like this."

Alone? Me? I laughed. 

I may be the only human living in my house, but I am not alone. The dogs are certainly good company, but there's a steady stream of fellow humans in and out of my house. More important, though, is the "real" company that provides constant companionship. 

King David knew the truth of divine companionship and wrote about it in Psalm 23.

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life..." Psalm 23:6

Isaiah also wrote about our ever-present God.

"For the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard." 
                                                                                                                         Isaiah 52:12

Before and behind. Surrounded by the presence of God Himself. I have never been alone, and I'm not alone now. 

The Christ who came as a baby, rose as a victorious conqueror, and returned to Heaven did not leave us as orphans. 

When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, He will bear witness of Me... He will guide you into all the truth... whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come..."
                                                                                                                         John 15:26, 16:13 nasb

Christ has risen. The Spirit has come. This holiday season, be comforted in the fact that we have not been overlooked. Before us and behind us, we are never alone. 

He is here. Alleluia.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The most read post of the last week: Finding Christmas: Separating Truth and Fiction.
~~~~~~~~~~
 #Neveralone #everpresentGod #Advent #keepChristinChristmas #MerryChristmas #JesusChrist #disciple 

No comments:

Post a Comment