Monday, November 14, 2016

Living Like We Were Worth It


My son, Ryan, is the most precious human in my life. Every drop of blood, every millimeter of sinew in his body is precious to me. If there were something I could do to keep him safe, I'd do it. I'd lay down my life for him. 

There's no one on earth for whom I'd lay HIS life down, however. 

What I can't comprehend is that God loved us enough to allow His Son to die for us. I don't think we're worth it, but God did.

Ponder that truth for a moment. 

God thought we, a band of sinners, were worth saving, worth the blood and suffering of His Son.

If that doesn't fill you with wonder, read it again.

Peter, writing to the church dispersed abroad, said wise words about this very topic:

"And if you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each man's work, conduct yourself in fear during the time of your stay upon earth knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ." 1 Peter 1:17-19 nasb

It cost God more than any of us would be willing to pay to purchase us out of our sin-slavery. We should remember that as we go about our lives, and live accordingly. 

God bought us with the blood of His Son. 

This truth should be burned into our souls so that it's never far from our consciousness. It should inform both our words and actions. Before we speak (or write), we need to consider, "Did Christ die so that I can communicate in this way? Did God give His Son for me to do this? Does it honor Him?" 

If not, then don't do it.

It's that simple.

We were bought with a price. We are to glorify God in all that we do. All that we say. All that we think. 

Christ didn't die for us to live like the world. He died to set us free from the sin of this world. Today, let's let the truth of Christ's sacrifice set the tone for our every word and deed. Let's live as if we were worth it. 

_____________
In case you missed it, here's the link to yesterday's post: The Simple Truth of How Healing Begins
If you'd like to help support this ministry outreach, here's the link to give: Global Outreach Acct 4841
#truth #Jesus




No comments:

Post a Comment