Wednesday, July 5, 2017

How God Used Jumping Hay Bales to Meet My Needs


Last week, the man I've bought hay from for years called. Hay would be ready on Friday. I needed 75 square bales for my horses, so we set up a time to pick up the hay in the field. It's hard work, but a better price, so it's worth it. 

An unforeseen event, a broken truck, and an overloaded trailer prevented a Friday pick-up. I'd prayed without ceasing about what I should do. It looked to me as if I should cancel on the hay, but I hated to go back on my word. 

Before I could call my Hay Man, he called me. 

It was Thursday and bad weather was threatening. He had decided to bale early to avoid the rain. "Can you come on and get this hay now?"

"No way. I have the packing party tonight. I have a ton to do. I can't do it today." We rescheduled for 45 days hence, and I got back to work.

Saturday afternoon, I had a call from Hay Man. "You need to go on up to your wood fence because a guy was hauling hay from me and two of the bales fell off and rolled through your fence."

Ryan and I jumped in the car and headed to the road. Just as he'd said, two large round hay bales had become loose on the trailer and rolled off, straight into my fence. Two posts were knocked over, and boards were loose or on the ground.

The man hauling the hay was apologetic. He offered to give me the hay and repair the fence. We moved one of the bales, but the other one was too heavy for my tractor. It was no problem, he assured me. He'd move it himself.

Yesterday was fence-repair-day. 

As it turned out, the very hay I'd intended to buy was delivered to the farm at no charge. I didn't have to pick it up in the field. I didn't have to hire help. I didn't have to haul it. 

The fence I'd been worried about, because a board was loose in the very area the hay hit, is now repaired and is better than ever.

In an odd series of events, God met the needs I had no way of meeting in the most unexpected way, and with a much better outcome than I could have orchestrated myself. 

Late yesterday, I looked at my repaired fence in wonder. It's tangible evidence that God will provide. Whether hay needs, hauling needs, or fence repair needs, God knows and has a plan. 

I've seen that truth in a fresh way this weekend, and it's left me awed and humbled. 

He knows my need. It's almost mind-boggling, but it's true. Even more remarkable, He knows and is willing to meet those needs, and He has.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11 nasb

It's my life verse and I've seen the truth of it in a fresh way this weekend. The next time I have a problem I can't solve, I hope I remember this verse and the jumping hay that met so many of my needs.

What about you? How has God met your needs in unexpected ways? I'd love to hear, so please share below.
___________
Please like and share if this blog post has touched your heart. It extends our digital reach in significant ways. Thank you.

In case you missed it, here's the link to yesterday's post: Buying Rancid When Fresh is Only A Step Away

If you feel led to partner with this ministry (US, Jordan, the digital world), here's the link to give your tax-deductible donations: Global Outreach Acct 4841 

Or you can mail your check or money order t

o: Global Outreach/ PO Box 1, Tupelo MS 38802. Be sure to put Account 4841 in the "for" line.
#godwillprovide

No comments:

Post a Comment