Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Caregiver Chronicles: When What You Need is an Infusion of God


It was another long night, following a series of long nights, and I was to the too-tired-to-think stage. I needed quiet time with God as much as I ever had, but my Bible was downstairs and I was upstairs. The Message was on my dresser, so I opened it and found these words: 

"Let your love, God, shape my life with salvation, exactly as you promised." Psalm 119:41 

Because The Message is a paraphrase, I usually check the meaning to be sure the passage has been interpreted correctly. I opened the Blue Letter Bible on my computer. I won't give you all the particulars, but the KJV says, "Let thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, even Thy salvation..." 

The word translated as "come" implies that the one coming also enters in. It doesn't mean "arrive at my door," but "enter intimately and remain here."

Psalm 119:41 is an invitation for God's love, mercy, and kindness to enter our hearts and remain there in such a way that we're not just saved but transformed.

Ponder that a moment...

How different would my life be if I allowed God to make Himself at home in my heart and change what needs to be changed? What if I allowed Him to infuse every fiber of my being?

If God's love, mercy, and kindness truly dwelt in me, I'd manifest more of those qualities. I would love as God loves, unconditionally and unendingly. I would be merciful to all, kind even to those who are unkind.

I'm not there yet, but I wish I were. What about you?

Today, we can take a step closer to that ideal. Let's pray with the Psalmist, (Leanna Paraphrase coming up) "Come in and make Yourself at home in my life, Lord. Change whatever doesn't suit You and make me more like You."

"Let your steadfast love come to me, O Lord, your salvation according to your promise;" Psalm 119:41 esv
______________
Please like and share to shine light on this situation.

In case you missed it, here's the link to yesterday's post: Caregiver Chronicles: When You See Your Heart As it Is and You Don't Like it

Here's the link to the most read post of the last week: When Years of Hard Work and Progress Are Abandoned for Lawlessness

If you feel led to partner with this ministry (US, Middle East, the digital world), here's the link to give your tax-deductible donations: Global Outreach Acct 4841 

Or you can mail your check or money order to: Global Outreach/ PO Box 1, Tupelo MS 38802. Be sure to put Account 4841 in the "for" line.

No comments:

Post a Comment