Friday, January 19, 2018

The "Growing Your Faith" Retreat and How You Can Be a Part


For months, women have been meeting to plan and prepare for an upcoming retreat. We've prayed for God's perfect plan, and we hope we have it. Three churches have joined together to sponsor a women's renewal retreat at FCR at Crow's Neck in late February. (Bethlehem United Methodist Church, Ingomar Methodist Church, and Amaziah Baptist Church) The theme is Growing Your Faith, and I'm excited about speaking. 

After Sam moved to my house, we met via phone/FaceTime. A couple of weeks ago, we were finally able to meet in person. The sweetness and unity of spirit was amazing. These ladies are kind and loving, and the choices they've made for the meeting reflect their gentle hearts. I think those who attend will be so blessed.

Sherra Owen will share some of her knowledge of Mississippi plants, and Emily Manning will share an art performance. 

I'll be leading in the study/learning sessions. We'll have small group sessions and large group worship time.

How do I prepare for such a big conference? The same way I prepare for every day of my life. I pray for God's direction. Read Scripture on the topic. Memorize passages that are pertinent. I ponder. 

It takes a lot of time to prepare because my life needs to be the first one that's actively growing, actively repenting, actively changing. I can't teach what I don't live, so I have to have my act together in order to prepare.

I don't use a speaking script. Instead, the words must be planted deep in me in order to come out at just the right time. Sometimes, I'll use an index card with a few Scripture passages to remember written on it, but not always.

I tell you this because I need your prayers. We expect God to move in the lives of the women who attend. We expect we'll all leave changed. For that to happen, those in leadership need humble, servant hearts. I need an humble, servant heart most of all. 

Please pray I'll be ready and have exactly the right words and teaching tools. 

Ladies, you, too, can be a part of this precious weekend, but space is limited so sign up soon. Here are the details:

Grow Your Faith Retreat
FCR Camp at Crow's Neck
February 24-25, 2018
Cost: Full conference $70
Saturday only $35
Check or cash only

Mail check to Laura Pannell, 1549 CR 478, New Albany MS 38652

There's a Growing Your Faith facebook page where you can ask questions and learn more. Be sure to connect with us.

I hope you'll join us for this fun retreat. I can't wait to see what God does.

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 esv 
_________________
In case you missed yesterday's post, here's the link: The Importance of Head Protection

No comments:

Post a Comment