Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Truth That Matters Most: My Redeemer Lives


Poor Job.

That's what I always think when I read the book of Job. He had so many things wrong. His friends had so many things wrong. 

Job thought God had caused his suffering. It was true that God allowed Job's suffering, but He neither initiated it nor caused it. 

Job's friends thought secret sin was the root of Job's problems. They were wrong, too.

Today, I came to that pivotal passage where Job correctly stated the one thing on which he had staked his life and his sanity.


"And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.
Even after my skin is destroyed, 
Yet from my flesh I shall see God."
        Job 19:25-26 nasb

Job had this truth right, and it was the one truth that mattered the most. 

He knew without a single doubt that His God lived and would, in the end, be victorious over every foe. 

Job knew that his faith in the Holy One was not in vain. 

Job's faith was, ultimately, the most important possession he had. His faith was not dependent upon prosperity or loss, health or sickness, welfare or calamity. His faith was anchored in unshakable truth and nothing his misguided friends said could shake him.

Nicole C. Mullen wrote a song that expresses this beautifully. I thought you might enjoy hearing her version of My Redeemer Lives today, so click on the the link to listen to her "official video". (It opens in a new tab. You'll have to listen to a few seconds of an ad.) I've excerpted part of the lyrics below. 

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
And who told the ocean you can only come this far?
And who showed the moon where to hide til evening?
Whose words alone can catch a falling star?

Chorus:
Well I know my Redeemers lives
I know my Redeemer lives
All of creation testifies
 This life within my cries
I know my Redeemer lives

Yeah
The very same God that spins things in orbit
Runs to the weary, the worn and the weak
And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken
They conquered death to bring me victory...

                                 From My Redeemer Lives by Nicole C. Mullen 

We, too, can live with the same certainty Job had if we place our trust in the One who set the stars in the sky and put the earth in orbit. He knit us together in our mothers' wombs. He knows every one of the hairs of our head and every second of our lives. 

Our Redeemer lives and will, one day, take His stand on this earth. 

Every knee will bend. 

Every head will bow. 

He knows His own and they are never forgotten.

He will return for His church. 

He will return for you, so put your trust, your hope, your live in the hands of the One who holds everything in His loving, no-slip grip.

~~~~~~~~~
Be sure to check out my new Amazon Author Page.
#Job #myredeemerlives #truth #ChronologicalBible #Christian #faith



No comments:

Post a Comment