Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The God Who Never Fails


A surprising thing happened to me yesterday. I found out that what I thought I had "known" for years wasn't quite correct. 

I memorized Joshua 1:5 years ago. It's one of those verses that's a great comfort in hard times. "I will never leave you nor forsake you," is what I memorized. Yesterday, I realized that verse actually says, "I will never fail you nor forsake you."

It's only one word different, but that one word makes a world of difference.

"Never fail" indicates God will not abandon me half-way through my journey. When He leads me to a path, He won't fail to accomplish whatever He planned in that direction. That truth is a great comfort to me, especially when, like now with my fiction writing, I'm on a path that heads toward an unclear destination. 

God will help me successfully complete the task He's given me. 

Success and failure from God's perspective look entirely different from success and failure from the world's perspective, of course. When God says He will never fail me, He is not saying I will always have material success. 

God will never stop until His goals in my life are accomplished. He won't let go. He won't give up. He won't fail. 

No matter what we face, we do not go through it alone. We do not go through it without hope. Not only does our Lord go with us, He completes our journey and insures we reach His destination before we're done.

The Apostle Paul understood this principle when he wrote to the church at Philippi. 

"And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." Phil 1:6 esv

We serve a God who finishes what He starts, succeeds in every effort, and never leaves us alone. Take courage from this truth: 

God has a plan for you and for me. It's a good plan. It will be accomplished. No doubt about it.

~~~~~~~~~
In case you missed one of this week's posts, here are the links: Out with the OldFreedom and GraceWalking with God or Hiding with the World, and The Same Jesus

#Godneverfails #success #finishline #Jesus #disciple #Christian #faithful



No comments:

Post a Comment