Monday, October 24, 2016

The Miracle-Making Master



I can't help but laugh out loud. I wrote yesterday that it was my last post about miracles for a while. This morning, I read John 6 and saw a topic I wanted to write about. As I opened my computer, I realized it included another miracle. 

This sounds crazy as I write it, but I actually turned back to my Bible to find another topic. Then, I realized something profound. 

As long as I'm writing about Jesus, I'll be writing about miracles... because His very presence on earth, as deity wrapped in flesh, WAS a miracle. His actions were filled with miracles. 

The restitution for my sin with His blood is a miracle. 

His resurrection is a miracle. 

His forgiveness is a miracle. 

As His followers, we are miracles. Miracles of grace.

The Christian faith is a miracle-filled relationship with our Miracle-Making Master, King Jesus.

That truth alone should fill us with hope.

Tomorrow, I'll write about the no-miracle story that's jammed full of miracles. For today, let's savor the fact that we have a God who can get it done. Whatever is needed, He is able. 

He's the Miracle Maker.

Do you need healing? He can handle it.

Do you need reconciliation of a relationship? He can restore it.

Do you need peace in the midst of a tumult? He can provide it.

Do you need freedom from the bondage of sin? He can fill you with it.

Whatever you need, in whatever situation you find yourself, He can give it.

Today, let's take all these needs of ours that we've tried, and failed, to fulfill, and give them to Jesus. Let's lay them at His feet, take our hands off them, and surrender to His will. His way. 

He is able, so take courage today. Jesus can help us. Jesus alone.

 "Now to Him who is able to do  far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen." 
Ephesians 3:19-20
__________
photo above is of the traditional site of the empty tomb of Jesus.

In case you missed yesterday's post, here's the link: Missing Miracles and Choosing to See
#miracles

No comments:

Post a Comment