Monday, November 7, 2016

Is Your Faith Big Enough to Receive a Miracle?


Jesus healed the sick and raised the dead as He walked along His way. One day, two blind men joined the crowd and began to follow Him. As they walked, they cried out, "Have mercy on us, Son of David." 0ver and over again.

Jesus kept walking. The blind men followed Him all the way to His next destination, calling for mercy as they went. When Jesus finally stopped, the blind men approached Him. 

Jesus didn't ask them what they wanted. He knew. Instead, He asked a question He probably still asks today. "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" (Matt. 9:28)

They did.

His response was to touch their eyes and speak words that frighten me with their implication. "Be it done to you according to your faith." (Matt. 9:29) 

I don't really want God to respond to my prayers in proportion to my faith. I want Him to respond in proportion to His Majesty, His greatness. To do something big in response to my smallness.

Jesus' words to the blind men make me wonder if my lack of faith has limited the answers to my prayers. I'm pretty sure the answer to that is yes, but I want to be done with small-faith-limited answers to my prayers. 

I want God to respond with answers as big as He is big. As profound as He is profound.

If I want big answers, this passage suggests I'll need bigger faith. 

I'm very concerned about the election tomorrow. I want God to do something bigger than I've ever seen before. 

I'm very concerned about my ministry, its direction, God's provision. I want God to do something bigger than I've ever seen before.  

I'm very concerned about family members who are far from their faith. I want God to do something bigger than I've ever seen before.

If I want God to do bigger, I'll need bigger faith.

If you're in need of a God-sized answer to prayer, why not do what I'm doing?

I'm asking God to enlarge my faith. It's as simple as that. Make my faith big enough to expectantly believe for a miracle in our nation, a miracle in my ministry, a miracle in my family. I want faith big enough to receive it.

Our nation is like a runaway train, roaring down the tracks straight into the abyss. We need God to intervene. Stop us. Turn us around. Bring a great awakening. A revival. 

It will take a God-sized miracle, and we need a God-sized faith, so let's ask for both. Faith to pray, and faith to receive. 

We need a miracle that we do not deserve. A miracle of mercy and grace. We serve a God who abounds in mercy and grace. 

So children of God, let's pray big, ask big, believe big.
_______________
In case you missed it, here's the link to yesterday's post: What We Should Do If We Want Answered Prayers
#faith #miracle 

No comments:

Post a Comment