Sunday, May 14, 2017

The Divine Redirect and the Us that Became Me


The morning's reading was on the topic of promises from Scripture. I'd already reviewed 2 Chronicles 20:15 (The battle is the Lord's) and Hebrews 10:35-36 (Endurance will produce a reward). 

When I read Hebrews 13:5, I wrote a note in my journal. "God will never leave us nor forsake us." As soon as I lifted my pen from the page, I had the sense that I needed to correct something.

I reread the verse. "I will never leave you, nor will I ever forsake you." Yep. I had it right. 

But I didn't. Not exactly. 

I checked an online Greek Lexicon and found that I had made an error with the pronoun. The "you" used here is second person singular. This wasn't a promise for a big group of people in general. God's promise was for one "you" at a time. 

It's true that God will never leave us, His people, but the precious promise for me today is that God will never leave me. That's what "you, second person singular, means. 

I personalized the verse with my name and read it aloud. "Leanna, I will never leave you. I will never forsake you." It was beautiful.

I tried it a different way. "God will never leave me. God will never forsake me." Even better.

Here's the good news. Because of the pronoun used in the original language, you can put your name there, too. Try reading it aloud the way I did.

No matter what you face today, (the singular you, not the general big group of us) God will never leave you nor forsake you. It's the same for me.

We, individually, do not go through the hard parts of life alone or without assistance. Our God, the Great and Mighty Jehovah, ruler of heaven and earth, will go through everything we face with us

He's as real as the ground beneath our feet, as close as the breath in our lungs, and He is with you. Second person singular. 

Let's ponder that today and share the good news with all those who feel alone. No matter what comes our way, we don't have to face it alone. 

"...I will never leave you. I will never forsake you." Hebrews 13:5
______________
In case you missed it, here's the link to yesterday's post: iPhone Storage and Expectations 

Please like and share to extend our digital reach.

If you feel led to partner with this ministry (US, Jordan, the digital world), here's the link to give your tax-deductible donations: Global Outreach Acct 4841 



Or you can mail your check or money order to: Global Outreach/ PO Box 1, Tupelo MS 38802. Be sure to put Account 4841 in the "for" line.
#Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment