Sunday, September 24, 2017

After The Whisper Gathering: The Lingering Glow


My assumption that I could write about something other than the recent Whisper Gathering was wrong. On Friday, seventy women arrived for the first-ever Whisper Gathering prayer retreat at FCR Christian Camp/Crow's Neck. We'd prayed God would move, and we assumed He would, but our expectations were so far exceeded that I don't think we'll ever get over it. I hope we don't.

The Spirit of God was so present with us that we spent the weekend, really only 21 short hours, repenting and allowing God to cleanse and heal us of sin and hurt. We went to our knees broken and wounded. We arose healed and whole. We were sent out, ready to serve and love and proclaim the grace and mercy of Christ to a lost and perishing world.

Here are just a few of the comments I've seen so far:

- It was an amazing time with sweet sisters and the strong presence of the Lord.
- Such a blessing. Still in awe of God's handiwork!
- Thank God and you all for a wonderful time.
- I'm rarely without words but wow, just wow!!!
- "God cannot use me while I'm wrapped up in entitlement." Truth!!!!!
- Had an amazing time @Whisper Gathering...Such wonderful Christian fellowship.
- Amazing! God's Grace is sufficient! Hallelujah!
- Such an awesome blessed time.
- Wow, what a sweet Whisper.
- It is amazing how God can tie the hearts of women together in such a short time. As I reflected over my time at the Whisper Gathering, I thought about how special those women have become to me after spending the week together  And, it hit me - we didn't spend a week together. We spent 21 hours together. Only God can graft hearts together in that time frame. I am forever changed and am excited to move forward in life with my Heavenly Father. Thank you for your obedience and servant's heart. 
- My soul sings praises!
- Ahhh, freedom feels so sweet!!
- Amen! The Power of the Lord is my strength! Amen!
- I am still just amazed, what a powerful God we serve!!!
- Such a beautiful start of a weekend.
- Thank God and you for the weekend!!!
- Just AWESOMENESS!
- God is so good.
- Wonderful, amazing sweet sweet time with new friends, previous ones and God! The presence of the Lord was evident in worship!
- Wow, wow, wow! God was awesome!
- Beautiful weekend full of beautiful God-loving women!
- It was amazing!!
- Wonderful weekend!
I went to have fun and fellowship with other ladies but I never expected such an amazing experience! I laughed and cried and felt the precious presence of God! Wow!!!

As you can see from the comments, the focus is not on any one person. It's all on God and the encounter each person had with Him. 

I believe this is how we're to live. Forgiven. Free. Ready to serve. We can't live this way, however, if we don't begin with repentance and a willingness to relinquish our sin.

Even if you weren't able to attend the first Whisper Gathering, you can respond today by bending your knees, bowing your heart, and humbling yourself before the mighty God we say we serve. Admit your sin, repent, and ask for the forgiveness that's so freely offered, then rise and live in the freedom you've been given.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free..." Galatians 5:1 
______________
Please like and share to extend our digital reach.

In case you missed it, here's the link to yesterday's post: Fighting Back With Thanksgiving

If you feel led to partner with this ministry (US, Middle East, the digital world), here's the link to give your tax-deductible donations: Global Outreach Acct 4841 

Or you can mail your check or money order to: Global Outreach/ PO Box 1, Tupelo MS 38802. Be sure to put Account 4841 in the "for" line.

No comments:

Post a Comment