Thursday, October 5, 2017

When You Know Who to Call in Time of Need


The dogs pounced on my chest well before dawn this morning. They wanted to go outside, and they didn't want to wait. I staggered out of bed, still half-sleep, and headed downstairs with them. 

Fifteen minutes later, steaming cup of coffee in hand, I headed upstairs again, turning out lights as I went. Maggie was right beside me. Mamie, however, had stayed in the kitchen to eat. 

A few minutes later, I heard frantic barking downstairs. Mamie had finished eating and realized she was alone in the dark. She had done what she always does when she thinks she's been left behind. She barked until someone came to rescue her.

I headed downstairs and found Mamie in the middle of the great room, barking and looking toward the stairs with expectation.

I laughed, scooped her up in my arms, and headed back upstairs. Mamie, I thought, is a lot like me.

She sounded the alarm because she knew, from personal experience, it would bring help. I, too, sound the alarm in prayer because I, too, know, from personal experience, it will bring help. 

The promise that God will respond when we call on Him is tucked all through Scripture. God wants a personal, everyday relationship with us, but He is also there in time of need. 

~ "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me." Psalm 50:15 nasb

~ "He will call upon Me, and I will answer Him; I will be with him in trouble,; I will rescue and honor him." Psalm 91:15 nasb

~ "Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3 nasb

When we don't know what to do, when we have trouble we don't know how to solve, we aren't alone. We aren't without help. Our Lord has promised over and over that only one thing is needed. Call on God. He will respond.

Are we going through a hard time? Call on God. 

Do we feel lost and alone? Call on God.

Do we face frightening decisions with no idea where to turn? Call on God. 

The same One who promises He will never leave us nor forsake us also promises to answer when we call. Only one thing is required. We must ask. It's that simple. 

We aren't alone, no matter how we feel. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords knows our name, cares about us, and answers when we call to Him. Every single time.
___________________
Please like and share to extend our digital reach.

In case you missed it, here's the link to yesterday's post: Lingering in Grief to Learn the Lessons of Tragedy

If you feel led to partner with this ministry (US, Middle East, the digital world), here's the link to give your tax-deductible donations: Global Outreach Acct 4841 

Or you can mail your check or money order to: Global Outreach/ PO Box 1, Tupelo MS 38802. Be sure to put Account 4841 in the "for" line.
#prayer





No comments:

Post a Comment