Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Running Water



How beautiful is this?  After the water adventure of the last few days, the warmer temperature today gave me a wonderful gift. My cold water in the kitchen thawed and is flowing again, as well as my outside faucet! This is especially wonderful because I have a crowd coming for a dinner meeting tomorrow night. The flowing water was not only critical for meal preparation but also to run the dishwasher! At just the right time, the ice melted, the water flowed, the meal was prepared, the dishes were washed. 

At just the right time. That's a lovely phrase. As I was thanking God for the great blessing of running water restored "at just the right time", I remembered Romans 5:6.  "When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners." (Romans 5:6 NLT) It turns out the phrase "at just the right time" is used repeatedly in Scripture. I found one I particularly liked in Ecclesiastes.  "God gave us the ability to think about His world, but we can never completely understand everything He does. And yet, He does everything at just the right time." (Ecclesiastes 3:11 ERV)

God does everything at just the right time. It's not often the timing I would choose, especially when it comes to frozen pipes, but God's timing is perfect. He has a plan, He knows what He is doing, and He and His answers to all your prayers are right on time. You can count on it and rest in it. 

Relax. God is on His throne and right on time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment