Sunday, September 7, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas

Tonight was the preview for the choir Christmas music and, as a new choir member, I am officially on the cutting edge of the holiday season! Our music is sometimes peppy, sometimes incredibly beautiful, and (sigh) sometimes too high for me. It's a good thing I don't mind singing tenor. 

What I realized as I carried the CD of music to my car is that, for the next three or more months, I will be immersed in Christmas as we learn the music, memorize the words, and put it all together in a meaningful presentation. My Christmas immersion will not be about shopping or about decorating. It will be about Jesus. How amazing is that? I am beginning a holiday season swathed in songs of the Savior, and it seems like the perfect start to Christmas. 

How are you preparing to celebrate Jesus' birthday?  Why not make this the year that you begin the season by giving yourself to Him first of all?  Join your church choir for the season. Commit to volunteer with a local relief ministry. Find a way to be the hands and feet of Jesus and start doing it now, then continue it all the way through the holiday season. Make this the year that Christmas really is all about the Christ child. 

Let me be the first to wish you a "Merry Christmas", and may this be the start of the holiest holiday of your life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment