Wednesday, August 2, 2017

The Problem of Stuckness and How to Overcome It



We had a little excitement at the farm yesterday.The tractor driver who shall remain nameless (Mr. Tractor Driver, or TD) had planned to bush hog the horse pasture. All kinds of weedy things are growing that should've been clipped ages ago, because they're going to seed. This is especially bad because my horses won't eat yucky weeds, so we don't need anymore bad seeds being cast about.

Anyway, Mr. T D motored over to the Blue Springs Gas and Grill on the blue Ford tractor and filled up the motor and my weed eater gas can. I'd been meaning to get gas, but I just couldn't get to it. That's a common problem in this kind of situation, I believe. The situation being that I've turned my dining room into a nursing home and bedside potty.

But I digress.

He was tanked up (literally - with diesel in the tank) and ready to roll. Mr. TD'll have to explain how all this happened, but he drove in the gate to the pasture and decided to make a turn so he wouldn't go in the ditch. As I understand it, the bush hog decided he would go. In the ditch.

Somehow, one wheel went in the ditch, then another one. I'm not sure exactly how the bush hog accomplished this, but it was definitely the bush hog's fault.

Mr. TD decided to just motor on down the ditch and come out the other end, but that didn't work out too well. Somehow, one of the back tires got stuck in the air. I've never found air to be all that sticky, but it was today. Mississippi humidity, probably.

When that happened, two tires were stuck in the ditch and one tire was stuck in the air, and Mr. TD couldn't decide how to get it unstuck. He decided to come talk to me about it, but I didn't have any experience with being stuck in air. 

I suggested we pray over it and see if God would miraculously get the tractor out of stuckness, but, I'm ashamed to say, I can't remember if we did that or not.
I have had many problems that didn't include stuckness over the years, and God has always helped me out of them. He has a lot of grace with me...because I'm in such need, I guess. And because He loves bad-girls-turned-good so very much.
All of this to say, since I couldn't remember if we'd prayed about it or not, so I finally did last night, and, of course, our sweet Jesus helped us out. 
Well, we're not exactly helped yet, but we will be. Just a few minutes after I'd prayed, The Sisters of Strength messaged me that they are coming to help and to tell them three things I need done. I told them about the tractor and the stuckness problem and they said they would fix it. The Sisters can do ANYTHING! 
So there are many lessons we can draw from this adventure. First of all, be careful about who or what leads you around, because there are plenty of things that will lead you in a ditch if you're not on your guard.
If you aren't careful and get in a deep ditch-of-life, it's harder to get out than you might think, so stay out to begin with and simplify your life.
Sometimes, you need your friends to help, so choose GOOD friends. 
Finally, pray about everything. Jesus said the Holy Spirit would be our Helper, and He meant it. 
Second-finally, we should always give thanks, and that's what Mr. TD and I did. We thanked God that we would probably get a good story out of the stuck tractor, if nothing else.
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 nlt
__________________
Please like and share if this blog post has touched your heart. It extends our digital reach in significant ways. Thank you.

In case you missed it, here's the link to yesterday's post: Caregiver Chronicles: Focusing on the Future

If you feel led to partner with this ministry (US, Middle East, the digital world), here's the link to give your tax-deductible donations: Global Outreach Acct 4841 

Or you can mail your check or money order to: Global Outreach/ PO Box 1, Tupelo MS 38802. Be sure to put Account 4841 in the "for" line

No comments:

Post a Comment