Monday, November 2, 2015

The Grateful Heart: The Orchestration of God


I had just drifted off to sleep  last night when I got a text from my son, Ryan. He had arrived safely in San Francisco for orientation (at corporate headquarters) to his new job at Square. Over the next couple of hours, we texted back and forth as he shared pictures of his hotel room, funny signs on the street, his meal, and the restaurant where he ate dinner. 

At the first text, I was happily wide awake. As he invited me in to this significant moment in his life, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for all the seemingly unrelated decisions that made this day possible. 


Education decisions, employment decisions, talent, and perseverance (on both my part and Ryan's) were all weaved together by God's loving hands to bring us to this place.


Many of the decisions along the way seemed insignificant, but, without even one of the decisions we made, his path might have headed in a different direction. There were disappointments that seemed devastating at the time, but God used them to help us along the way. 


It was God's plan, not mine. Today, I can see it was good.


Today, I'm grateful for my precious son and his exciting new job. 

I'm grateful for the technology that keeps us connected half a continent apart. 


I'm even more grateful for the orchestration of events that kept him in the middle of God's plan, even when I couldn't see the plan. 


Most of all, this grateful mother is overwhelmed by the fact that God loves my son more than I ever could, and that He holds Ryan, and his future, in His loving hands.


It's my favorite verse, but never more so than today:



For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope.              
                                                                                                               Jeremiah 29:11 nasb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In case you missed any of the past week's posts, here are the links:  Maggie The Wonder Dog and the Hurt EyeMaggie: Avoiding the LightMaggie: Sister Love and the Body of ChristMaggie: Forgiving and ForgettingMaggie: Being Light, and The Grateful Heart: Predawn Stillness

The most read posts of the past week: (for the first time ever there's a tie) Maggie:Forgiving and Forgetting and Maggie: Being Light.

Here's the link to The Clay Papers, available as an e-book for personal use or to send as a gift for only 99 cents. 

Here's the link for The Road to Bethlehem: An Advent Prayer and Devotional Guide, available on Amazon for 99 cents e-book. Paperback $6.00 (Also available to send as an e-gift)
#thegratefulheart #Godhasaplan #disciple #JesusChrist

No comments:

Post a Comment